Okay, after the 1st couple of days of freaking out after my taper, I have calmed down and actually feel pretty good and I must say confident. Not that I will blast the course in a certain time, but to know that I will give it my all and finish has had a calming effect on me.
So I rode when some fellow TRI-club members on Sunday. They kept asking me my time goal. Besides finishing I guess my time goal is as follows:
11-13 hours: Really Great day
13-15 hours: Great day still.
15-17 hours: Oooo, I'm hurting..But great day after I cross the finish line.
DNF : It is not an option
So here is my race plan, I will give you my general approach because my detailed plan would be to lengthy to read and quite boring.
But for those bloggers racing out there in IMooo, GOOD LUCK, I will see you on the course. If you happen to see me while you pass on by, say "HEY"
This is by far and beyond the weakest event for me so:
1) Stay back at the start and let all the fast people fight it out and find a clear path.
2) Stay clam, long strokes, glide, Just like you learned in Total Immersion Masters class.
3) If you get hit keep on going, DO NOT get pissed off.
4) Stay Calm
5) Did you tell yourself to stay Calm yet!!!!
1) Ride easy the first hour. Stay in Aerobars as much as you can to relax before 1st loop.
2) Ride in your heart rate zone the entire way. MAX 150 bpm, 130 to 140 bpm range. Don't worry if you spike during the hills.
3) Follow nutrition Plan, starting every 15 minutes on the bike.
4) Half way point, special need bag, fill up fluid, eat PBJ if hungry.
5) Enjoy the crowds the last 10 miles, spin legs to get ready for marathon.
6) Stay in 85 to 95 rpm for cadence.
1) Make sure you have everything before you leave T2
2) Run as you feel 1st 30 minutes to an hour.
3) Follow 10k nutrition plan. Breakup race into smaller pieces.
4) If I have something left, negative split last half of marathon, If not, negative split last 10k
5) Last 500yrds slow down, enjoy the moment, look for family.
Thank my wife for being there and hug my child.
The Next Day (Monday)
Oh, sign up for IMWI '07 monday morning.