Lets just say my UltraRunning season is done for now until after IronMan Wisconsin in 16 weeks.
Not sure how I would do. With little running the past 4 weeks because of my ankle troubles.
I did see the HMO doc Wednesday, definitely no stress fracture, told me pretty much I should be fine. But have referral with the foot doctor to make sure.
It was "game on" after that..
Hmm, longest run was a 12 mile trail run the past four weeks. I had to go with "UltraRunning is 90% mental, Oh the other 10% is also mental" theory.
Well I finished in 10:01:35, goal time was a sub 10 hours. Oh almost there, but I met some nice Ultra bloggers and had a great time just hanging out.
Overall goals were completed, it wasn't pretty but I'm happy nonetheless. Did I stay upright this time. Not exactly.
I did learn some valuable lessons, that a rock versus my toes is never a good outcome. Also trying to run 50 miles on any course is always a long way for this newbie UltraRunner.
But for now, I'm tired and in a little bit of pain. So race report later.
Tomorrow I take the wife out for a "Mother's day Brunch", because it is time to pig out and restore some balance in Bubba's life with some family time.