So to follow up with TriTeacher's tag, here are 7 things about me..
1) I usually mark "pacific islander" when asked what ethnicity I'am. I can't speak to much of my native language "Tagalog", but can understand most of it, but of course I know the basics and most of the curse words.
2) In junior high school, I was in detention every year for fighting, and to this day still kind of think that was "cool". As an adult got into at least 2 bar/club fights hanging around some of my friends.
3) In senior high school, I was in the marching band, played the alto saxophone. Then wanted to become a jazz musician after high school and major in "Studio JAZZ" (it was actually a major in college). But decided to study Finance and wanted to live in New York and work on Wall Street. Now I work as a computer geek, go figure that one out.
4) I've done all kinds of martial arts since I was 25:
Lee Jun Fan Gung Fu, Judo, Brazilian JuJitsu, Thai kickboxing, Japanese shooto, Filipino, Indonesian, and Malaysian martial arts just to name a few. I've been trained how to use a knife and could also show you how to choke somebody out with a regular bandanna. I've been an instructor in some of them for about 10 of those years. People ask me what belt I have. I always liked Mr. Miyage's answer from the Karate Kid ~ "JcPenny, $3.99".
I have been really inactive since I've been more involved in triathlons and UltraRunning. I might still be kind of rusty but pretty sure I still know a move or too..
5) I used to collect alot of Asian antique weapons and armor, thanks to eBay and other collectors. I had a room in my house full of these weapons displayed, but I did take it down to make a playroom for my daughter. Some pieces actually belong in a museum, but I think when I pass on, people in charge of my belongings will just sell it on eBay for just a $1. CRAP! (this pic just shows part of my collection)
But I do plan to show it to any prospective dates when my daughter gets older.
6) As some of my friends know and my wife reminds me at times, I do buy alot of crap. Love to bargain shop, so I have multiples of everything in the house. What would my world be without EBAY, scary to think it.
7) I actually grew up in Florida, one day read this book by Anthony Robbins about taking control of your life. Decided to move to Chicago on my own 15 years ago, no job, no friends, stayed with a crazy aunt. Hardest thing I have ever done, but sometimes you have to look at your life and take a chance on CHANGE. So I did.
So that's 7 things, so let the chain tagging continue on:
Studies in Clydeology
There is alot of tagging going around, so not sure who has been tagged or not..
I hope everybody had a great weekend. I was able to do a little bit of night trail running along with 30 miles on Saturday, Woohoo. Hopefully a little more miles on Sunday, then I get a running rest day, So WooHoo to that to.